125g aquarium question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrMike2u

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up a 125g aquarium for free the guy that gave it to me stated he used it for turtles for years and did not know if it held water, but it did years ago when It was used as an aquarium. I have 2 question.

1st. Is it ok to place aquarium on smooth concrete garage floor to fill it and see if it holds water?

2nd. There is a crack in upper bracing plastic trim along the top see pictures will this be a problem when tank is filled and if so what's the best way to try to fix it. thanks Mike

Attachments

• 3kb3G23M65N35K35Mcd3ie15fc1a5315a15a9[1].jpg
    3kb3G23M65N35K35Mcd3ie15fc1a5315a15a9[1].jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 66
  • crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 90
Any surface that is flat, and smooth will work to test the tank. However if you set it up on something that just supports the perimeter of the tank bottom, you will be able to see any leaks in the bottom, and where they are. As far as the crack in the moulding, I don't think it will be an issue. You can use some clear epoxy to fill the crack. This will give it some of it's original strength back.

thank you for the response, ill go to home depot and see if I can get some strong epoxy that will bond the crack.

Back
Top Bottom