Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
I build a lot of tank stands and custom enclosure set ups. I always make sure that what the tank sits on its dead flat and can transfer weight of at least double the projected total down to the Flooring surface. I build the stand levelling into the base or legs according to what it's resting on. I'm always afraid of any tank wobble and try to avoid leveling the tank at all, only what it rests on

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Redwolf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Originally Posted by Cksasquatch View Post
I just recently setup a 125g and it is not level. There is a 1" difference in water level from one side to the other 6ft side. How bad is this? I noticed my stand is barely off the ground in the middle. The corners are on the ground. I just placed shims underneath the middle of the aquarium on the front all the way across. The stand is built with 2x4s. Is this ok? It might not be possible to shim the backside of the aquarium in because it is against the wall Nd it is slightly off the ground. Should I be worried? Thanks. It has been filled for 5 days now.
I would lower the water as much as possible or even empty it if possible. Then work on getting it level. One inch is a lot of water in a 125g tank. It will place extra strain on one area of the tank which is not ideal long term. It may not cause any issues short term but could weaken the silicone over time. It may sit there for 20yrs with no issues but why risk it......

Ian086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com