150 gallon filtration question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerrybaittackle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new here ,so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong spot. I own a bait shop in Wilton Iowa . I use a a chest freezer on a digital thermostat as a minnow tank. I a have a garden pump and pvc pipe set up for circulation. I would guestimate that its about 150 gallon tank . The set up works great and has worked great for the last 5 years. the problem is coming up with some sort of filter. tried buying large household filters but they clog up way to fast . have to do a 50% tank drain and siphon every 4-5 days early spring, every 3 days in the summer. it normally holds any where from 3000 to 6000 minnows a week depending on sales. Get fresh stock every other week. So looking for some recommendations on rinse able filter options.. I have city water but its pretreated(water softer) . it would be great I had a well I would set it up as continual fresh water system.But I don't. Thanks for any advice you can give. with that many minnows the water gets pretty dirty quite fast .. Thanks Jerry http://jerrysbaitandtackle.webs.com/

I agree with a sump or canister filters. If you go with canister filters you could get 2 sunsun 304A filters, I have one and it's really quiet and it is really powerful with tons of room for media... they are fairly inexpensive compared to other canisters and do their job well..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom