Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
150 Gallon Glass aquarium - scratched question

I have recently added a new tank to my collection. The bottom 3 to 4 inches has a light scratching. Most likely simply from the animals moving sand / coral around. Very little can be felt with the nail test.

So my question. I've searched but came up with no threads on this. Does anyone have a solution to buffing / fixing? I've seen the toothpaste solution but not really buying it. I don't want to go invest 50 bucks or more on a car buffer and chemicals unless someone where to tell me it actually worked and then i would no problem.

So any recomendations from the community?

Lastly because of where they are it's almost impossible to reach them. Is it safe to get IN the DRY aquarium to do the work. Understand you have to be careful, not jump or move around roughly etc.

I'm about 240lbs ( may enlist my 140lb son ). I did the math and figured 135 gallons of water, 75lbs of live rock and 75 lbs of coral / sand probably equal about 1400 to 1500 lbs when it's loaded but of course the weight is distributed so...

Ok now any recommendations?

Thank you!
gatorj is offline   Reply With Quote

150 gallon, 50 gallon, aquarium, gallon, glass, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com