Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

180 Gallon Corner

So I was browsing craigslist today and ran across this tank.

180 GALLON CUSTOM ACRYLIC CORNER AQUARIUM SETUP LIKE NEW

I saw recently someone on here was doing a corner tank similar to this. I am absolutely in awe of this tank. I don't have the funds to do salt water yet but was in awe of this tank. I was looking for 180 gallons but liked the width of regular ones because I have two oscars and want them to be able to swim freely back and forth. Would this corner shape work well for oscars? They would have to swim more in circles than back and forth in long trips.

I am getting off topic though. Do you all think $800 is fair for this custom acrylic tank with stand and canopy? I don't want my emotions to take over and spend way to much money on a tank.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it's in good shape, I'd say it's a deal. The stand and canopy look pretty nice. The corner shape is good for the fish because they have more area to swim in than a long, narrow tank.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Before you committ to by it, check it out first. Acrylic is nice, especially with a tank that size, because it is lightweight. However, you will want to make sure that it's not badly scratched up. I'd personally offer a lower price to the seller, maybe you can get them down a bit.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok, so I had it wrong in my head. I figured they would like swimming 8 feet back and forth rather than in more of a triangle. Thanks for the input. It does look very nice shape. I might go take a look at it tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Blueiz. I would never commit before seeing it. I know acrylic scratches easy so I would want to check it out. And as always, offer low but be willing to pay full if they don't budge. I'm a good deal hunter but will never go look at something I am not willing to pay full price because it would be a wasted 2.5 hour trip with my truck and enclosed trailer.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Glasscages.com - Acrylic Corner Tanks

Based on this, I would think it is an awesome deal. The biggest they do is 150 gallon and that itself is $1050 with another $700 for the stand and canopy. So at least a $1700 setup brand new (probably more because of extra size) for $800. Yeah, I think I am going to take a ride tomorrow to check out the condition.

Tags
180 gallon, corner

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com