180g In Wall Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jcarl: I did file a complaint against BBB. The part that make me most mad is that this contractor is recommendated by the Chicago Council of Carpenters, a supposely renowned council. Later found out that the contractor that they recommend does not even have a permanent residency!!! I file a complaint to BBB against this Council unfortunately they denied everything and BBB will not pursue it further unless I filed a lawsuit. I did talk to my company lawyer and he suggest to just go through the local court.

mykpoz; I tried to contact Coralvue but to no avail. I gave up after leaving numerous voice mail and receive no response.

revhtree: Thanks...

A few pics on my inhabitant. Sorry, my picture taking skills is still bad.

Attachments

• greenslimer.jpg
    greenslimer.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 66
  • clam0001.jpg
    clam0001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 58
Man, I can't believe your light fixture did that. My CV fixture has been fine.

You probably have tried this but soak your food in garlic. Garlic is great for getting stubborn eaters to eat.

Tank is looking good! :D

You mean a full shot of the front? I tried before, but the problem I have is that I have to stand so far away to get the full tank shot that the object in the tank become so small. Unless I figure out a way to merge 2 pics together to form a panaromic pics.

Anyone have any ideas??

ellisz: Do you have the same setup as mine such that the endcap is close to the MH?
Yes, I tried the Garlic thing. In fact it is the first thing I tried, but no results. It is nibbling at the rocks all the time though. I am considering to let HA grow in the tank to feed the YT.

hmm, I just looked at one at Captivereefs and it is different than mine. Looks like the bulb end of the MH is right there at the T5 end cap? On mine the Moguls are by the endcaps and both bulbs point to the center of the tank. That design does not look as good :( I got mine used about 2 yrs ago so mine is kind of old.

Have you tried blender mush with fish, shrimp etc with nori and garlic blended up with it? My fish love this.

Whew! I just read this entire post. What an impressive project. It makes my head hurt just thinking of dealing with it all, but the end result is stunning! Congratulations :)

Sati: Thanks.

My YT just passed away. :(

Current plan will be continue to stock the corals and will add fish after finish adding the corals.
For some reason syesterday, my pH drop from 8.1 to 7.8 in a matter of 4 hours when the light is turned on. I do not know what happened that causes this, but it was back to 8.1 this morning after my Kalk kick in after light off. My thinking is that my auto topoff water is causing this.
I do not have aeration in my topoff container. I don't see the need to. But maybe I should.

just saw the tread for the first time.. so.. Ive read the last page.. sorry about your YT.
and do you know how much topoff water your going through water volume % wise.. I would assume that that wasn't it.. if its after lights on I would think it was calcium consumtion, coarls or corilline. Did you test calcium levels to see if they went down with the PH? just a thought.. HTH

greenmaji said:
and do you know how much topoff water your going through water volume % wise.. I would assume that that wasn't it.. ions,

I do agree that it is probably not the topoff. It is back to 8.2 during light on and 8.1 during light off. I am still curious why occasionally, thing will just be out of the norm for no apparent reason, granted that this is a big tank that should have less flunctuation.

I did test
calcium = 370
Mag = 1200
Alk = 4.5
Nitrate = 0

revhtree: My loss of the YT is nothing compare to your loss. Again, don't despair too much, your tank will be even better next time.

I PM'd you but now I see that the item I inquired about was part of your AGA overflow kit. Probably not possible to buy the one piece separately.

Attachments

• intakeguard.jpg
    intakeguard.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 169
gator, that looks very similar to a number of pieces i've seen in me LFS with their random filter and plumbing parts. I would imagine you could find something like that seperatly, somewhere.

GatorF; You definitely can get a piece of that separately. Originally, I thought you are asking about the Cover I did to cover the Overflow to prevent the light getting into the overflow.

Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can find it locally first. It's $1.50 on marinedepot but the shipping is $7. Not worth it unless I'm buying other stuff too. Hmmmm.... :lol:

How's it?

Hi! So after 7 years? how's your tank now? Is it still as good as before or maybe even better? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom