Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #171
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bump** Keep'er coming!

Old 08-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #172
Aquarium Advice Freak

A pic on my YT. This is the new YT I had for the past 3months. My 1st YT died after I ahve it for 1.5year or so.

Added Acropora SPS frag from another reefer. Didn't have change to take a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yt2_080605_rc.jpg (25.1 KB, 295 views)

Old 08-19-2005, 11:27 AM   #173
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
nice looking tang... i love tangs
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #174
Aquarium Advice Freak

looking good.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #175
Aquarium Advice Freak

Matt: Thanks

TeemR; Thanks

I am slowly stocking up my tank at this moment. Stop by a LFS yesterday and could not resist and brought a Ultra Crocea clam. Nice color.
I know, I know, this thread need more pics, I will try to get a pic of my new clam tonight.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #176
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to jcarlilesiu
Sorry to hop in here if nobody is really posting here anymore. Boxter I am from Chicago also and I find it terrible when you encounter a bad contractor. As an Architect I encourage all people doing buisness with a contractor to have a contract with them. With penalties for falling behind the project "deadline" date that you agree on in the begining. For instance, 100 dollars a day. That document will hold up in court, or with the Attorney Generals office, and believe me, contractors know it. You may be able to purchase "owner contractor agreement" forms from the American Institute of Architects, or the contractor actually has some. Stick it to him, as for your situation, just say your prayer its over, and PS the tank looks excellent, Im jealous
Old 09-26-2005, 03:03 PM   #177
Aquarium Advice Freak

jcarlilesiu: I check back a few times and did not see any other people posting this, so I thought maybe people are not interested in this thread anymore. Anyway, thanks for posting. Yes, I am sad to realize that many people has gone through the same experience as I do with contractors. I do have a contract with this guy, unfortunately, the flaw of this is that are you willing to pay for the legal fee to go throught the hassle with these contractors. In the end you might be paying more. Thus, a lot fo bad contractor is taking advantage of this point and start their abuse.
There got to be some regulatory in the industry to protect the consumer.

An update to my tank. My encap for my T5 melted after I turned on my middle Metal Halide. See pics. Looking at it, I see that it is a bad design from Coralvue such that it places the Endcap right by the middle Metal Halide. At this point, I am thinking of changing out my hood for Pendant instead. I don't see any possible good solution to this without tearing out the whole hood.

My YT has not been eating for the past 2 weeks and is still surviving. It was eating Nori like crazy and all of the sudden stop eating. No external sign of stress or Ich. I tried Brine Shrimp, Mysis, Spectrun pellets, Formula pellets and no luck. It look very thin now and I believe his days are numbers.

My Green Slimer SPS, Monti Cap and my Crocea Clam are all doing fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap_melt0007_rc.jpg (30.7 KB, 51 views)
Old 09-27-2005, 11:13 AM   #178
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to jcarlilesiu
check with your local "home builders association" or the home builders association, many of those have methods to file grievances against the contractor. With the home builders assosciation, you may be able to even put up a red flag on him, which ulitimatly could hurt his buisness.

secondly, because the amount of money that you would be suing him for for breech of contract is your 'out of pocket' expenses since you financially finished the project yourself. Many lawyers will take the case and only charge you a percentage of what the judgement is. Especially if you have a "breech of contract" clause in your contract. Don't forget to add in some "pain and suffering" for the hassel the contractor put you through. I would at least look into it, and keep in mind, the attorney generals office is state funded and shouldn't cost you a penalty. In my experience, one letter from them to the contractor and he will probably try and at least settle with you.

I can't believe that light started to melt. Who was the manufacturer again? Ill be sure not to buy their product, doesn't it have some sort of warranty? Just some things to think about.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:35 AM   #179
Aquarium Advice Freak

its a coralvue light, not all of their products are like that...

as he mentioned probably just a flaw in that setup...
75g w/ 30g sump, 160# LR, 60# sand: Inverts =18 turbos, 30 nassirus's, 40 blue leg's, 5 emeralds, 1 CBS, 1 skunk cleaner, 1 brown gulf shrimp? and various other LR hitch hikers yet un discovered or un-ID'ed
Fish=1 yellow tang, 1 yellow headed jawfish, 1 pink/blue shrimpgoby, 2 perc clowns.
Future fish = 1 sixline, 1 lawnmower blenny
mykpoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:07 PM   #180
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am very interested in this thread!

Tags
construction, wall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com