Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksplat
That's the main reason that I do everything on my own. I personally don't trust someone else to do something. I used to work in construction building houses. The main theme among all the subcontractors that I worked with was, "I can't see it from my house, so it's fine". Basically saying that it doesn't matter how bad of a job I do.
Thats sad! Theres no pride in workmanship anymore!

www.panhandlereefers.com

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
GrndHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:47 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Finally fix my quota issues. Thanks fishfreek.

So here are some updated pics.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:50 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Its going to be nice!

www.panhandlereefers.com

Join N. Florida Regional Forum
GrndHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:55 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cold Water pipe pics
Old 06-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

I will be adding a separate Service Panel for the fish room and will add about 10 sockets to the fish room. That should be sufficient, I think. All will be GFCI protected. The electrical box for the room light and the fan had been installed last week.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to yaksplat Send a message via MSN to yaksplat Send a message via Yahoo to yaksplat
I was thinking about doing this as well. I'm going to be building a new house with a 13' x 14' den that's just begging for a in wall tank.

If you have any advice or come up with things that you wish you did, post them.

Thanks
Jim
Old 06-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Jim: Yes, I am seeing less and less contractor taking pride in what they do. As you said, as long as you don't see it, they don't care. I am making a point to check everything they do and try not to compromise with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaksplat
I was thinking about doing this as well. I'm going to be building a new house with a 13' x 14' den that's just begging for a in wall tank.

If you have any advice or come up with things that you wish you did, post them.

Thanks
Jim
Sure, will do. That is why I started this thread to share our knowledge on this wonderful hobby. I hope more people will join in to contribute and share their ideas that would definitely benefit everyone in this forum.

GrndHog: Thanks. I just hope that the whole thing will turn out to be what I expect.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

"Water pipe Tjoint 640x480.JPG " <-- OMG!! was your plumber TRYING to start a fire? my god... all you need is a 6" square piece of aluminum flashing in your toolbox and you don't have to start the house on fire when soldering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster
I am seeing less and less contractor taking pride in what they do.
Unfortuentely, it's not just contractors. I see this more and more everywhere, everyday. I find it truely saddening.

scorch marks aside Boxster Things are looking nice! I'm glad you were able to make the plumbing work out in the room, i think it'll make things MUCH easier for you! Are you only going to have cold water in there? The only reason I ask is for when you're making RO water in the winter months. How cold does your tap water get? In the winter I have to supply my RO unit with both hot and cold water to get a room temp supply. My straight cold water in the winter can get in the low 40s. This causes the RO unit to run EXTREMELY slow. if thats a possibility for you as well you might want to think ahead about how you can handle that. I know they make inline "on-demand" water heaters. Basicaly its under the sink and heats the water electrically as you use the water. Don't know what your budget is or if cold water is even an issue... just tossin out more thoughts!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:58 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

BillyZ: What!! Winter is just over and you are reminding me of winter again..... Thanks. My RO is making the water more slowly in winter but is not too bad. I have 5g /2hrs in winter. I tried to avoid hot water into the RO/DI. Read somewhere that that will degrade the lifespan of the membrance.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:14 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

More work had been done over the last few days. And Yahoo, the tank came in over the weekend. Here are a few pics of the 180g Tank. So far I am pretty happy with the workmanship of AGA on this tank. The tank is in the Garage now and as you can see I am doing the leak test just in case.

Tags
construction, wall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com