Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2004, 06:21 AM   #61
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to yaksplat Send a message via MSN to yaksplat Send a message via Yahoo to yaksplat
Definately go with Hirocks. I bought 60# from them and it was great rock

Old 06-16-2004, 10:04 AM   #62
Aquarium Advice Freak

What is the website for Hirocks?

Old 06-16-2004, 10:07 AM   #63
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok, I got it now. Strange, I type hirocks.com and get error mesage. Seem like you need to type the whole thing www.hirocks.com to work.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:48 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok, just want to update that I received my lighthood made by Coralvue. Overall, I am happy with it. But the way the package arrived, I knew that Fedex does not handle it with care. The side of the box looked pretty bad. As a results, there is chip off at the glass shield. The glass shield also scratches the reflector on the side. There are minor dent on the lighthood as well. So it is not as good as I expect but I am glad that every bulb worked.

As for my fish room, nothing new is done. I had a terrible week last week. My folks is facing some crisis that I need to attend to. My plumber and electrician never showed up for the whole week. These contractors started playing games with me and give all sorts of excuses. Eg. Car break down, Need to attend courts, etc etc. To make matters worst, they lied to me that they had submitted the required appliation for the permit. It turned out that they did not and they did not even have the License Permit Bond for the permit. It is a nightmare. I took timeoff to tried to meet up with them, but they never showed up. It had been 2 weeks and nothing is done to the permit!!! In the meantime, my 180g tank is collecting dust I am in the state of not knowing what to do to them and just hope for the best. It really kill my joy in setting up the fish room.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:55 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Old 06-30-2004, 09:38 AM   #66
Aquarium Advice Freak

Actually, for the light hood, the original plan is to DIY with retrofits. Almost ordered the retrofit until I get to know that Coralvue have a light hood that price relatively close to DIY. So why waste the time when somebody can do a better job for you.

I did change my Service panel from 150A to 200A. And have a few dedicated circuit for the fish room. The GFI box is already in the fish room, but still waiting for the Electrician to hook the wiring up.

Believe it or not, My 180g of water in the tank that I did for the leak test is almost used up. :P Due to the hotter weather, those tank water is perfect for gardening....
Old 06-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #67
AA Team Emeritus

man thats gotta be frustrating. Well, your right as a consumer is to be sure everyone you know never uses those contractors or anyone associated with them. If things get too far out of hand, you have every right as well to contact a lawyer.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #68
Aquarium Advice Freak

BillyZ: I will. IF I know anyone uses them, I will be all out telling them my experience. Wondering what the fee of the lawyer will be if I have to go that route?
Old 08-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi all,
I am sorry for not updating this project for the past weeks.

As you all know, I am having some problems with my contractor. The frustration continue and until now, (2 months later) the contractor had done nothing on my basement. I am trying to get him through various way for the past months to recover some of my losses. I was able to get contact with him through some friends of his, but time after time, he never hold to his words to come and do the basement. In the meantime, I am trying to get another guy to finish up the drywalling, electrical. But most of time trying to charge me a high price knowing that I am desperate to get it done. I manage to have a church friend to finish the plumbing for a good labor cost. So the drains for the toilet and the deep sink in the fish room is done.
Part of the frustration is that we are running out of time. My wife is going to be due in Oct, and I suppose to finish my basement and the fish room setup in June!!! So that I can concentrate of the coming of the new baby. Anyway, I just hope my pain will be over.
It such a pain each time to walk past my 180g Tank in the Garage.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #70
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hello, I am about to start building a new home that will have a fish room with a 75 or 90 gallon tank built in the wall. I am unsure how the tank and the front face of the wall should meet up. I would prefer to have the tank and wall flush with each other. Can this be done? Any and all information or pictures dealing with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

This is the look I am going for.

Thanks

Tags
construction, wall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com