180g In Wall Construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RocketSeason said:
Heineken said:
I can't wait to graduate college and get a "real" job so I can afford projects like that. Very nice!!! :smilecolros:

I hate to break it to you, but when you graduate college and get a "real" job, your not going to have ANY money at all.

LOL

Save your money now my friend. because you will soon be dealing with house payments, bills, car payments, bills, insurance, student loans, bills, food, gas, bills, etc, etc, etc.

LOL rocketseason. If you put it like that, I'm better off staying in school!! ;)

Boxster hasn't posted since January, though he's been around as recently as yesterday 8) Hopefully he'll see his thread revisited and post again!

Hi all,
I am still here.....Had been the craziest month for me at work. But with dedication to my tank, i am still investing time everyday to my setup. Just thinking of posting update dpics once everything is setup so that is why no updated posts.
The hardiest thing for me is to wait for the Rocks to "cook" I setup 4 big container. One house the Marshall Island live rock and the other my old Fiji LR. It had been 12 weeks and my Fiji LR still releasing cruds so it still need some time. However, my Marshall is ready and clean. So over the weekend, I put them into my tank, arrange them the way I wanted. I love the Marshall.
Last night, I put in the snails and my crown fish and shrimp. They seem to love the flow. This morning, one of my clown got into the overflow :( . I net him up into the tank and use my remaining marine board to cover the overflow. I took a few shot last night on the rocks arrangement. willpost more pics.
Things left to do:
1. Setup my Tunze stream
2. hang the light. The sliding rack is done. Need to build a shelf for the ballast.
3. Cover the back of the tank. Still thinking of idea for my background.
4. Transferring my PB tang to the main tank.
5. Post more pics.... :)

is there anyway to make it as like a divider between two rooms of your basement that would be wild if you had the space the framing looks as if it was going well hope every thing works out the way yopu would like

This is the initial LR arrangement. Half of the LR still "cooking" Once it is done, I would like to use the remaining LR to raise the back pile up to give the height contour. Note also that the color had faded a little bit granted that it is in the dark for 12 weeks. But as you can see, surprisely a lot of it still survive.
As you can see, I avoid the whole piece lying flat on the bare bottom so as not to restrict the flow underneath.

Attachments

• lr_setup_right_640.jpg
    lr_setup_right_640.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 143
  • lr_setup_front_640.jpg
    lr_setup_front_640.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 164
pluk1992 said:
is there anyway to make it as like a divider between two rooms of your basement that would be wild if you had the space the framing looks as if it was going well hope every thing works out the way yopu would like

That will be great. No, I don't have the space to do a dividing room. Actually, with the In wall, you can have a fish room behind it so that you can do a lot of things in there. all the thing that other people outside of the hobby does not understand. :)

Hi all,
Just wanted to update everyone on my bad boy. Setup the auto top off and is working great. Got the light up and running. Transferred my PBT to the 180g few weeks ago and he looked very happy in it.

However, I have 2 issues that I am battling for the past week

1. Whenever my MH light turn on, my GFI will trip. What is strange about this is that they are running on a different circuit. Anyone has any experience on this?
2. I could not get rid of the tiny bubbles in the tank. Will probably need help from sumphead.

Wow, I just spent an hour going thru this whole post. I am totally blown away at the time and expense put into this project! Very awesome.....I hope it was worth it!

Andos: Yes, a lot of time is spent on this bad boy, but it is worth it. The best part is the setting up. That is why I never want to get out of it :lol:

My old Fiji rock is beginning to test my patience. It is still in the "cooking" process. I still getting cruds out of it after 18 weeks. SoI am convince that LR do absorbed a lot of cruds over time. That is pobably why in my old tank, I have cyano problem. When I remove the fiji rock from my old tank, my cyano gone.

Just a note, since my tank is up and running for close to 3 months now, I have yet clean my glass nor any major water changes. I just did a 5 gallons water changes so far. I contribute this to the "clean" rock in the tank and the big skimmer I have.
Will post a pics of the skimmer in operation.

Does anyone have problem with the Pro-Heat Heater? I brought 3 Pro-Heat Titanium heater and 2 out of 3 over heat my tank. The heater will not turned off. Good things is that both times, I caught it when the tank heat up to 86F.

Also, as an attention to you all, be careful of the equipments that hook up to the same circuit as the Pro Heat heaters or even a different circuit but same ground. One obervation that I found is that my Pro-Heat reference point change when my MH light turned on. In my theory, this is because as I was told that some MH will induce small current into the ground and shift up the reference point. So, if you set the heater to be at 80F, once the light is turned on, the reference changes and the same 80F setting may heat up your tank to 84F. Well, again, this is just my reasoning from my obervation.

Haven't gotten all the way threw this post and I am chiming in a little late BUT...

That tank looks GREAT! I think the stone underneath really set it off. Have to show this to my hubby!

Alex: Thanks. Still waiting for my rock to finished the aquascape.

Hi all,
Sorry for not updating this often. Still waiting for my rock to finished the aquascape. One positive sign is that my Corraline has been growing very quickly on my starboard and the LR. I also began to start the routine to do water changes probably every 3 -4 weeks or so.
I am still battling with micro bubbles in the tank, it is not a annoyance to me now, but eventually I may just add some rocks in the sump to limit that. My skimmer had been working great. As some of you know, I lost my YT in my old tank a while ago. I did purchase another one and is in my QT tank/old tank for 4 weeks already. Can't wait to transfer it to my 180g.
My PB tnag, Clownfish is doing great. I did notice recently that I had been losing one snail every few days. Check the water parameters and it looks fine. Still a mystery to me

Back
Top Bottom