180g Led light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
What led lights are you guys running on your 180g (6'x2'x2') tanks? Pics if possible, I'm using black substrate, looking for something bright with full tank coverage. No plants.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

$_57.JPG

Melousu Posted the link to these already
I use 1 over my 90g4ft tank and get good coverage and everything is happy , but I still say I need another as I feel I'd get better growth , I grow all coral except SPS
and these lights dropped in price Think I paid like $112. or something like that when I got mine , now there even cheaper thinking about it I just might grab me 2 more
I love mine

I just ordered 2 of these for my 4' 120 reef
Mr 120 LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef 55X 3W SPS Dimmable Full Spectrum | eBay

I use current true lumen PROs on my 180 freshwater ,but they are $$$$ without any good features or good customer service(I will never let it go as far as current goes)!

Is your 180 going to be freshwater or salt?
BML(Build My LEDS) makes the best lights going in many keepers opinion(they could be next for my 180!)
You say no plants so I guess fresh water?
Without plants any light that pleases your eye is all that matters,but all lights are not created equal and some will not grow plants if you change your mind.
The units mentioned above are all dimmable so I would think they would work well in fresh water also but cannot say for sure?

Sorry, should have mentioned freshwater with very colorful Mbuna's. I'm just more worried about getting full coverage front to rear. Getting it the correct length will take care of the side to side. First time with a 72"x24"x24" tank, so want to do it right the first time. Was looking at this one.
Thanks for the tips so far.

EVO Quad 72" Timer LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Cichlid 96x 3W 180 cm

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111318716570&globalID=EBAY-US

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The wattage is right (you want 3 w leds), but that light has a toggle switch that YOU will need to flip to enjoy the white or actinics like marinelands I believe.
A timer will only turn one or the other on/off,you need to make the "transition"(everyday).
Look for reviews of anything you buy(I couldn't find one for that light on the link ).
The seller is reliable but the light is in question to me.
The actinics(blue) will make your fish color pop!!
Most planted people do 6500K (aprox) and the reefers do 10,000-20,000k.
Lower K is more "yellow" andthe higher K are more "white blue"/"incredibly bright".
My currents are 12,000k on my 180 FW with plants.
I have actinic strips also, but many believe they are a source of "algae" in FW and the spectrum is not as easily used...
They make colors POP!
It is really nice to have a day /night setting on a timer,but to do it you need separate power feeds for each light.
Look for a unit with 2 plugs.
If they are FW safe these are the way to go!
2pcs 165W Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Aquarium Light 109W True Power SPS LPS | eBay
I like my currents butthey are to much $$
Search "reefbar led" on ebay and those are the same for way cheaper also.
I have never heard of ANYONE else besides me using or mentioning either of the two lights, soooo.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-ReefBar...-Bar-36-inch-36-108W-Grow-Coral-/281159440027

Back
Top Bottom