2 par38 bulbs for 40g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badambomb79

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was thinking of doing 2 par 38 led bulbs for the lighting on a 40g breeder. Think this would be sufficient?

I you want to keep just softies that's probably be fine. Anything else and you'd want at least one more bulb.

If you are going to go for w of the par38's why not just get a single fixture? The chines led panels from ebay and amazon are around $100 and would let you keep anything your heart desires.
Another option is the current orbit leds, I have one over my 40b and it looks awesome. Almost double the cost of the tao chinese led's though. Not too sure what high light corals the orbit can keep as well, I have mostly softies under mine with one stunner chalice that actually got burned cause the leds were too much for it.

Carey's right I would go with a Chinese fixture just due to those par 38s will probably cost more than the other fixture. I also heard those Chinese fixtures do well for corals.

Would you be so kind as to sending me a link from eBay for said Chinese fixture. So I know what I'm looking for. Thank you I've been looking for lighting for a while

No red. Ok there's some on there with only blues and whites. Would those sustain corals?

Oh yeah, full spectrum is more of a personal taste, all it really does IMO is give your tank a purplish hue.

Back
Top Bottom