2 RO Units to 1 Pressure Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I have a Water General 75 GPD RO/DI filter that is going into a 20g Pressure tank.

When I bought my house it had a Culligan 30 GPD RO System for drinking water & Freezer Ice. I have disconnected that unit and put my 75 GPD unit in it's place, But I was wondering if I can reconnect the 30GPD unit and have it deliver water to the 20g Pressure tank with the 75 GPD unit giving me increased production?

I know it obvioiusly can be physically done, but will it work?

Also if anyone else here has a 20g Pressure tanke, what PSI do you have your bladder set to and how much water does it actually hold?

Thanks for the help,

-TheChad

it is not recommended to drink DI water, and if you connect the RO only unit, your fish will not be getting DI water any more.

it is not recommended to drink DI water, and if you connect the RO only unit, your fish will not be getting DI water any more.

Okay, Thanks for the reply though I'm not sure what it has to do with my question?

But I will respond by letting you know that the water stored in the 20g pressure tank is RO only water, The drinking water & ice maker are RO only water. To get DI water I have a seperate valve in my utility closet that runs the RO water from the 20g pressure tank threw the DI resin thus making RO+DI water for the fish tank.

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom