2 single or 1 twin wavemaker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandc805

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i will be setting up a 55 gallon FOWLR tank was wondering what would best fit my tank. 2 750 gph power head/wavemakers or the 1 1600 twin wavemaker/powerhead pump. If I got the 2 I would place them on opposite corners facing each other but if I got the 1 I would place it in the back corner facing the front of the tank. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

jandc805 said:
i will be setting up a 55 gallon FOWLR tank was wondering what would best fit my tank. 2 750 gph power head/wavemakers or the 1 1600 twin wavemaker/powerhead pump. If I got the 2 I would place them on opposite corners facing each other but if I got the 1 I would place it in the back corner facing the front of the tank. Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Imo it depends whether the wavemakers are autorotating or not. If not I think it would be best if you got the two seperate because you would have more customization or control over where the flow is.

Back
Top Bottom