2 x 2200 lph canister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ethana123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
would having two 2200 litres per hour canister filters with uv be too much for a 55 gallon tank ? oh and i think 2200 litres is about 581 gallons

Wow, that's crazy. I mean the 581 gallons. Where did you get those filters. I'm curious to see what others recommend. I'm new to the scene so don't know what you should do. I wouldn't think too much filter would hurt...

Wow! How powerful is the intake? I was imagining a tank imploding!!! Lol I would think as long as fish don't get stuck to the intake you'd be ok. Why not just use one of those filters?

Yeah two would be fine. That would only be about 24x overturn. Some reefs go as high as 60x so your fine.

well they are actually rated to 713 gallons per hour but i figure since its under the tank and stuff that the rate would probably be closer to 581 ... they each hold almost 6 gallons lol so that would be helpful too

You can't over filter IMO. As long as the intake and return arn't to powerful. I'd say go for it. This is as extreme but I just build a DIY canister that should have a 150g tank rating. For a 40 breeder and I'm thinking of adding a hob rated for a 70g.

phishfriend said:
You can't over filter IMO. As long as the intake and return arn't to powerful. I'd say go for it. This is as extreme but I just build a DIY canister that should have a 150g tank rating. For a 40 breeder and I'm thinking of adding a hob rated for a 70g.

Isn't as extreme. No edit on phone app sry

Back
Top Bottom