20 gal filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhunter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a 20 gallon aquarium which contains two clowns a few snails and a handfull of crabs. We've been running a Ac300 on it for quite a while and I'm getting tired of the salt creep. Are there any other filtration options for such a small bio load? I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I'm sure there has to be a better way.

I have many tried many different HOB filters and you are not going to get away from the salt creep. I like the AquaClears the best out of the tetratec, Penguins and others that I have tried. I think they are little dependable workhorses.

Would live rock, powerheads and a strict water changing schedule support that bioload?

sure, but it won't help the salt creep. That is just a fact of the saltwater experience and clean up just becomes part of the regular maintenance.

It certainly would, but I'd also suggest a good skimmer. To help reduce creep, you'll have to make the top to your tank tighter.

KG

Back
Top Bottom