Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

It really depends on you and what you want your tank to look like. You can go all community fish like tetras, Harlequin rasboras, smaller tropical fish like that. You could go with Platts or Millie's for livebearers. Slightly colder water fish like minnows. You could do labyrinth fish like bettas or dwarf gouarmis. Do your hw and figure out what's available to you.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah. I just need to watch out on what fish and how many I get because I am limited with a 20 Gallon tank.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Alright. Well I just set the tank up. I added in a brand new QuietFlow10 filter which is made by Aqueon. It is working well so far. I also added some ornaments to the tank. Do I keep the filter running 24/7? And when should I start checking for Ammonia?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

That filter, imo, is not big enough for a 20g tank. As for the ammonia, you have to add ammonia before it will be present. Either pure ammonia, fish food, or raw shrimp will be needed for that

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

The filter says that the size is 10-20 gallons on the box. It was made for that tank size. I heard that adding fish flakes to the water for the cycle is not a good method because it causes excessive algea to grow and when it comes time to add fish, it can kill them off quickly. How much is a gravel vaccume reccomended?

Tags
20 gallon, set-up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com