20g SW equipment advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fouldsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I picked up a 20g long in the the $1/gallon Petco sales, and I'm looking at dipping a toe in the saltwater world. I'll be setting it up as FOWLR, and looking at 20lbs of live sand and 35lbs of live rock (comments + suggestions welcome at this point).

In terms of hardware, I'm currently looking at:

• One or two Marineland Maxi-Jet 400 Pro's
  • Aqueon 50 or 100W heater
  • 30" AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures (24" 24W Actinic and 24" 24W 10,000°K)

I've always kept up a weekly PWC maintenance cycle on my freshwater tanks over the years, so I'm thinking in a 20g tank I can do without a HOB protein skimmer.

Any advice/comments/suggestions/alternatives on equipment would be greatly appreciated. Lighting I'm somewhat overwhelmed with, though I like the look of the dual T5's providing 48W as in the AquaticLife unit.

So I guess I'm also looking at the AquaSun T5-HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hoods, which is a little cheaper than the AquaticLife unit, though do need to then factor in the cost of a pair of bulbs. Still ends up running a pair of 24W bulbs so gives the same output.

Does anyone have experience with the AquaticLife or AquaSun units?

Back
Top Bottom