215 gal lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Themonsterisme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Going to pick up a 215 gal this week ...I have a few regular 48" led lights and a eBay full spectrum led light...my question is if I arrange the tank like my quick drawing could I effectively keep coral on one side of the tank and will it be ok like that?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389455374.852367.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389455386.585875.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389455399.678122.jpg

You can get other led panels now for like $120 each if you look on ebay. Win them on auction for maybe even cheaper

I have to get a skimmer for the sump plus sand (not sure how many bags I'll need for a 3"-4" sand bed) plus I am buying 180 gal of prepared saltwater from this awesome local fish store and I was going to use the established water from my 55 gal...I also have to get a return pump rated for a 215 gal...plus PVC to do the plumbing with...I'll eventually get a full eBay led light setup for the tank but I have to get rid of the 55 gal tank (depending on the wet/dry sump that is coming with the tank I might turn the 55 gal into a sump/refeugium instead) and I have to get rid of the 29 gal biocube also which means the contents of corals is either going into the 215 or is going with the 29 biocube somewhere else when it sells...I was hoping if I put the full spectrum led eBay light in one corner I could use that corner to keep the corals alive and eventually upgrade the rest of the lights as money permitted

Why not just get an rodi unit and then not have to buy water from the store. In the long run it will pay for itself.

I will definitely get a rodi unit in the future for sure...the saltwater I am picking up is pretty much ready to go
And I'm getting it for $1 a gallon...rodi units are the way to go for sure

I will definitely get a rodi unit in the future for sure...the saltwater I am picking up is pretty much ready to go
And I'm getting it for $1 a gallon...rodi units are the way to go for sure

Yeah for sure I was just curious whether you were going to be buying it constantly which definitely gets expensive lol. I think lighting wise the corals under the eBay light will be fine until you can upgrade the other part of the tank.

This is the wet/dry sump that comes with the tank...I think I'm going to get some acrylic and make it into a refeugium and ditch the first two bio ball sections...gotta get a dual sock holder and place in first section with a skimmer and some reactors then second section will be refeugium ...then a bubble trap and then the third section on right will be return...is that a good design?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389636072.181044.jpg
The Bucket was used to show size

Back
Top Bottom