Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

216w vs 162w

Getting ready to purchase lighting and I was wondering if anyone would know if there would be a distinct diffrerence between a 216w light system and a 162w system. I will have a fish only tank so im sure either would do. Just would like to know if the extra wattage is worth the money. Thanks!

Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

In my opinion either will do if it's only gonna be and stay fish only. It also depends on the difference in price. But keep in mind you'll have to replace an extra bulb each time you change them so the overall cost will be higher as well.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
In my opinion either will do if it's only gonna be and stay fish only. It also depends on the difference in price. But keep in mind you'll have to replace an extra bulb each time you change them so the overall cost will be higher as well.
I agree. You would hate to pay the extra money, then not be able to tell a big difference.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com