Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Dude, I wouldn't waste money on air pumps, stones, tubing, etc either. Those filter you have will provide PLENTY of surface agitation. Bubbles just make a tank look fake IMHO.
That's cool, Because I hate running that tubing.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I was looking at those backgrounds too, but I have a reef ready tank which is 30" deep but the ledge background only goes up to 24". What are the dimensions of the 220?

HUKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll second the suggestion to paint the back of the tank black. I did it to my 40B and now I wish I'd done it to my other tanks.
Feel free to PM me directly with questions.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUKIT View Post
I was looking at those backgrounds too, but I have a reef ready tank which is 30" deep but the ledge background only goes up to 24". What are the dimensions of the 220?
They go up to 30" you just have to call Matt

He told me that they have all different sizes.

Mine is 72 x 28 1/2
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
I'll second the suggestion to paint the back of the tank black. I did it to my 40B and now I wish I'd done it to my other tanks.
Would you paint even thou I'm going with the 3D Back Ground.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdultra View Post
BACK GROUND

I have been waiting for this company in Oregon to call me back.
I am really stuck on these back grounds. I know rookie don't spend that kind of money on a background. lol

I really think that it will give the tank dimension. Check the links below.
It also comes in a gray.

I'm not going to fill the tank until the sand comes in and all the plumbing is installed.

I need to run in some aeration. I'm still thinking about what to run. I could use help on this too. I would like to attach the air lines to the floor under the substrate.. Maybe using silicone to secure them. It's a really long reach to the bottom of the tank, it's 30". Messing with plumbing while filled also would be killer on my old body. LOL

How many stones etc ?

What size pump etc ?

Designs By Nature – Aquarium

BJ881 Ledge
Available in these sizes : (L) 48″,63″,79″ X (H) 24″ , thickest part is about 6″. Total piece averages around 3-4″ thick.
This background would make the ultimate show tank and is perfect for larger tanks.
A great rock wall with an awesome ledge, a very cool piece used right side up or up side down. It just depends on if you want to use a ledge or an overhang.

THANK YOU: Meegosh, Mandy, Rookie for the replies.
Hi hdultra,
I live in Oregon, I may have better luck getting a hold of them.
Who are they and what is it you need to know? If they are nearby I
could go see in person and let you know.
I don't mind looking into it for you.
Let me know.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE CLOSE TO YOU . I THINK THEY ARE LOCATED IN EUGENE, OR
MATT JUST DOES NOT REPLY QUICKLY. HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO SEND ME PHOTO'S BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN THEM YET.

I'M READY TO ORDER SO THAT I CAN GET THE BACKGROUND HERE. SO I CAN CONTINUE BUILDING.
RIGHT NOW I'M IN A STAND STILL WAITING. I'M ABOUT TO TAKE ROOKIE AND JIM'S ADVISE, AND JUST PAINT IT BLACK. I THINK THE EFFECT WOULD BE AWESOME IF I COULD JUST GET IT HERE. LOL

THANKS WENDI

HIS NUMBER IS:
Call Matt @ 541-579-0179
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 PM   #98
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

you don't have to yell

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
you don't have to yell
I'm not yelling. I left the caps on by mistake. And got lazy. lol
Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi Hdultra,
I usually always go with black backgrounds for my tank. It looks nice and lets the fish and plants stand out. However, if you want to go with a really awesome showy tank I would so go with the 3D background!! I think it will look amazing... really gives that extra wow factor. Quite the natural affect, too. Hopefully you can get it so that your plans don't have to be delayed further. Just wanted to add my opnion and say go for it with the background! Totally support it.

As for the bubbles, I personally think they are a major hassle with all the tubing, but look really nice. However, it wouldn't be a huge deal if you decided not to get them. There are lots of other elements to this tank that can continue to bring the wow factor.

Good luck! Hope things continue to go well
Anxious to see this develop!!!

~20 Gallon Community, ~5 Gallon Betta
mandy2936 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 gallon, 220, 220 gallon, build, cichlid, filtration, gallon, ich, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com