Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #101
Aquarium Advice Addict

I didn't think you were yelling. There are only four major cities in the entire state. Medford, Eugene, Salem and Portland. Medford and Eugene are in the south. Salem and Portland are north and I'm half way between Salem and Portland, Eugene is about 6 hours away. I was hoping it would be Salem or Portland that's an hour and a half to two hours away. Those are do able but 6 hours is a little far for me to go, sorry.
I hope it's not a problem. Now I feel bad for offering and can't really do anything. I could call but that's no different than what your already doing.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #102
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendiDell View Post
I didn't think you were yelling. There are only four major cities in the entire state. Medford, Eugene, Salem and Portland. Medford and Eugene are in the south. Salem and Portland are north and I'm half way between Salem and Portland, Eugene is about 6 hours away. I was hoping it would be Salem or Portland that's an hour and a half to two hours away. Those are do able but 6 hours is a little far for me to go, sorry.
I hope it's not a problem. Now I feel bad for offering and can't really do anything. I could call but that's no different than what your already doing.

No Wendi it's no problem at all. I would do the same if I were close.
Thanks for offering thou.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy2936 View Post
Hi Hdultra,
I usually always go with black backgrounds for my tank. It looks nice and lets the fish and plants stand out. However, if you want to go with a really awesome showy tank I would so go with the 3D background!! I think it will look amazing... really gives that extra wow factor. Quite the natural affect, too. Hopefully you can get it so that your plans don't have to be delayed further. Just wanted to add my opnion and say go for it with the background! Totally support it.

As for the bubbles, I personally think they are a major hassle with all the tubing, but look really nice. However, it wouldn't be a huge deal if you decided not to get them. There are lots of other elements to this tank that can continue to bring the wow factor.

Good luck! Hope things continue to go well
Anxious to see this develop!!!
Mandy,
I knew there was someone with taste on here. LoL
Just kidding Jim and Rookie. Yes the black backgrounds are really cool and do bring out everything in the tank.
I am looking to bring in the wow factor. I have so much invested already, that I'm just going to go all the way. I just found out yesterday that I need to get some egg crate for the bottom of the tank. Cichlid-Forum.com I was going to put in the air but was talked out of that. If I were to put it in, I would secure to the bottom of the tank and make it permanent with like silicone. Hiding tubing under sand is a pain when water is in the tank.

I'm afraid that I'm not going to find the right rocks. Here in Missouri we have allot of slate rocks, which are white. I guess I will have to find some landscape nursery's to find something with color.

Thanks Mandy for the input. Really means allot.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #104
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Sonomakid
As cool as that 3d background may look i think it will turn out to be more of a hassle than it worth IMO. I agree painting the back to the tank Black is the best thing you can do to a tank Jim and Rookie have great knowledge. I wouldnt waste my time or money on that 3d background.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdultra View Post
No Wendi it's no problem at all. I would do the same if I were close.
Thanks for offering thou.
No problem, maybe next time.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #106
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

So, background aside...

Rocks. Got any creeks nearby? I got mine from a creek. If you can find a place in a creek where you don't have to worry about pollution upstream (ie in the woods would probably be the best place), you can get tons of free rock

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
So, background aside...

Rocks. Got any creeks nearby? I got mine from a creek. If you can find a place in a creek where you don't have to worry about pollution upstream (ie in the woods would probably be the best place), you can get tons of free rock
Wait N SEE WHAT I DID TODAY. ILL POST IT SHORTLY.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #108
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdultra

Wait N SEE WHAT I DID TODAY. ILL POST IT SHORTLY.
Can't wait to see it!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, I took advise from all my advisors. Look at the pictures and tell me what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00539.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	29216   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00540.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	29217  

Old 02-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #110
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

That looks great! Did you end up painting it? Pics are kind of far away to tell, but I'm guessing you did with that awesome matte finish it appears to have.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 gallon, 220, 220 gallon, build, cichlid, filtration, gallon, ich, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com