220 Gallon Cichlid Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're killing me dude!

Mudraker, It took me all day today to finally find one. I called asking for a 150 and he said I got a 125 Gallon. He then put me on hold,.....................He took a grand off the asking price. I had to say I'm in. So I got it for $1300.00 delivered in my house. Waiting for them to come in about 1/2 hour. I'm really freekin excited. :scrambleup::scrambleup:

I'm freaking excited for you too, (even if I am dying of envy, its only in the drooling because I want it bad - sort of way.)

I wish I could find a deal close to that up here.

Awesome. Congrats. :)

Yes I agree. I think I'll price out 2 FX5 Fluvals.
Do they have flow control ?

Cool that's one thing out of the way.

Thanks man.

One speed. It comes with a rubber attachment for the outlet which has two plastic directional pieces you can move to direct the water.

You can see the outlet on the top right of this video:
DSC_2923 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is from my 75 after I installed the Fx5. At this point I still had my HOBs running so the bacteria could migrate so the flow might be a little disturbed, but it creates a great flow now they're gone. The directional pieces work well.

Well it's here, they had to put it into the garage because of all the Ice outside. There going to come back next week to set it in place.

Here is the photo I shot of it.:D:D

It's a Marineland 220.

Attachments

• DSC00504.jpg
    DSC00504.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 228
Awesome. Congrats. :)

One speed. It comes with a rubber attachment for the outlet which has two plastic directional pieces you can move to direct the water.

You can see the outlet on the top right of this video:
DSC_2923 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is from my 75 after I installed the Fx5. At this point I still had my HOBs running so the bacteria could migrate so the flow might be a little disturbed, but it creates a great flow now they're gone. The directional pieces work well.

Wow, That Oscar is beautiful man. Now I know what cleanup fish really do !

I'm freaking excited for you too, (even if I am dying of envy, its only in the drooling because I want it bad - sort of way.)

I wish I could find a deal close to that up here.

I hear ya. After seeing all those show's on TV about Alaska, I know that it is hard to get thing's up there. I could send you a tissue if you want. Wish I could help ya brother.

What sucks is I'm doing this with a broken ankle.
Good news is the fish store is going to even put it into place. Suckers lol

I hope you've got some good helpers to add the rest of the stuff. I spent most of last year on a wrecked ankle (no breaks, lots of tears) and I struggled with maintenance on my three small tanks.

I hope you've got some good helpers to add the rest of the stuff. I spent most of last year on a wrecked ankle (no breaks, lots of tears) and I struggled with maintenance on my three small tanks.

I'm on my 3rd week. I'm hoping to have the cast of in 3 weeks.
I'm just really glad there nit going to do surgery. The doc was talking about putting plates in. I'm like man I do not need that.

You all think I should start a new thread. Showing the complete build, Or leave it here.

Just keep it here. You've got a good start already.

Surgery really slows things down, but it really helped in my case. I tore three or four tendons though, no breaks.

Just keep it here. You've got a good start already.

Surgery really slows things down, but it really helped in my case. I tore three or four tendons though, no breaks.

I here ya brother. I just figured out how to get down the stairs standing up.
I was sliding down an my ___. I had to get one of those aqueon water changers. As I can't haul buckets.

My python was a life saver. I got the workout of my life on stairs when I was in a cast. At the time I lived on the third floor of an apartment building. There are 28 stairs up to the third floor. I counted them down every time I had to hop up them on one leg.

My python was a life saver. I got the workout of my life on stairs when I was in a cast. At the time I lived on the third floor of an apartment building. There are 28 stairs up to the third floor. I counted them down every time I had to hop up them on one leg.

Holy cow, I consider myself lucky then. I have a multilevel house. Stairs to each floor.

I like those 3D backgrounds a lot. I made my own for a 10 gallon once but my betta fish got stuck in it and I had to pull it out with my fingers. Poor thing lost some fin length in the process as I pulled him but he made it out. That would be my only real concern: Stupid fish. :)

I like those 3D backgrounds a lot. I made my own for a 10 gallon once but my betta fish got stuck in it and I had to pull it out with my fingers. Poor thing lost some fin length in the process as I pulled him but he made it out. That would be my only real concern: Stupid fish. :)

Concerns of mine is as you said. And about heater placement X 2.

With 2 Fluval fx5 the intake and exhaust. Do you just cut out for your equipment ?

I had a hole with a grille on it (to stop fish). I took in water behind the background and put it back in the tank infront of it. All the equipment was behind except the output. I glued it in with silicone. I didn't seal it because I didn't want it watertight. Just glued.

Hey guys,
Wanting to add plant's possibly. I have no Idea about plant's except for add water.

Need plants for Cichlid's, I think I'm limited on what we can have in there.
Need suggestions on types, equipment, food etc.

I found this other background. I really like this one, it has ledges and places to hide.Largest selection of aquarium backgrounds on the web 3d | Designs By Nature . Does any one know where I can get it cheaper. It's $ 411.00 delivered.

Thanks So much
Michael

Attachments

• Big Buldge.jpg
    Big Buldge.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom