240 gallon set up question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_mango

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok well I have a few questions on my set up I have it is a 240 gallon tank with overflow box what I want to know is if I run 2 overflow boxs to 2 sumps and 2 diffrent return pumps will it work my lfs told me not to do it cuz one might over flow but everyrhing will match any advice would b great thank u

Dart? You could do 2 but keep in mind how much extra water each will have to hold in case one quits and not the other What is the reason for doing 2?

Just flow and I was thinking the more return flow there is the better flow in to the sump for better filtering and skimming

The reason I was going to do 2 pumps is my tank has 4 returns and I dont think one will have enough flow

I really cant see anything wrong with 2 sumps like I said just make sure you have enough room for all the water incase one pump quits and also if one quits in may drain the tank low enough that the water can not flow into the other

Yeah I think it will b good with the size of the sumps but I was told it will it will over flow rhe overflow so idkw

Back
Top Bottom