25g Eclipse anyone? Can it be done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hubby & I have been looking for a tank for our room with the least amount of cords and extras and nothing too too big.

WeI both like this size but I have no clue how to run an eclipse as a sw tank... like what to do with the biowheel?

I don't want to mod the lights or anything- it comes with (2) 18 in. strip bulbs, just going to have LR with lots of low light shrooms and couple small fish.

Can it be done with this tank?

Does the biowheel need to go? add a powerhead? Any tips to make this tank work? Ideas? Things to avoid? BTDT?

Thanks!

Sure it can. Sounds like you are familiar with what to use. I would get rid of the biowheel if you are going to keep LR and Shrooms. The 2 strip bulbs still may not be enough light but you could try for a while and see...

That would be a great size for a nano reef..

I have a 29 gallon tank and I run the Eclipse 3 Hood on that tank ... I love it for just a FOWLR setup. I added some purple shrooms and placed them as high up as I could and they were doing great ... until I decided to add a Chocolate Chip Starfish and he immediately ate two of my shrooms. I would say you should be able to keep the basic shrooms in that tank with the lighting you have. Just make sure you place them kind of high and out of direct flow!

i have an eclipse 1 filter hood set up that was previously a tropical freshwater setup but im changing it over to saltwater; is this alright to do? i'm assuming (since it has one light) that it'll just be a fish only w/ live rock. i have a coralife 50/50 bulb in there w/ a rio powerhead size 200. i was gonna put about 30 lbs of live rock and 12 lbs of live sand. is there anything else you guys recommend? is the reason you say to take out the bio-wheel because it interferes with the biological filtration of the live sand and live rock? thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom