2nd overflow box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
it seems the overflow box i have cant keep up with the pump, so i am considering getting a 2nd overflow box. ive got a ball vavle on the return line, but it still seems to be too much. any other suggestions?

As long as you have around 6-10 times tank turnover in the sump I wouldn't add another overflow and just restrict your ball valve more or even better T off the return to go back to the sump so you don't put back pressure on the pump.

Are the bubbles under control now?

thats the thing, i feel like i dont have the flow i was after. maybe im just not used to this type, lol, but i thought it would be much stronger.

the air bubbles are gone and its SILENT! :).

t ing off the return line sounds much cheaper than a 2nd overflwo box, LOL, how do i do that?

Actually I wouldn't recommend too much flow through the sump mostly because of noise issues. Even if it's only 300 GPH that is sufficient.

I know you use clear tubing instead of PVC but the concept is the same as below, get a Hose-Locking Tee Connector and yet another ball valve to control flow back to the sump and you're set.

i would love to have a refugium, but my lil 10 doesnt have room and i cant fit anything else under there. we are however goin to build a new stand someday, so i could make a 20 gal fit in there.

the only other thing i could do is put the protien skimmer on as a hot in the sump. that would give me the room. ive already got a ball valve, so all id need is the tubing and the t. thats cheap. hehe.

guess ill have to play with it. thanks for your help.

would you happen to have a pic the whole sump/refugium? im goin to work on it this week and id like to see your configuration. :)

Back
Top Bottom