30 gallon lighting and filter help, please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been running a 150w heater on my 29g sw and have had no issues. You also have to account for the length of the heater. If you get a larger wattage they are most likely gonna be really long and much more noticeable. :)

I run 50w heaters in all 3 of my 10g tanks, again with no issues. I have a 250w in my 55g sw, NONE in my 29g biocube and 2 X 300w in my FW 125g.

carey said:
I've been running a 150w heater on my 29g sw and have had no issues. You also have to account for the length of the heater. If you get a larger wattage they are most likely gonna be really long and much more noticeable. :)

I run 50w heaters in all 3 of my 10g tanks, again with no issues. I have a 250w in my 55g sw, NONE in my 29g biocube and 2 X 300w in my FW 125g.

You ever try running them horizontal? I dunno is it's better or worse, I think it would be better especially under a filter output so it "blows" the heat around and there's more surface area of rising heat I'm nervous to try it though, so I did both and put it at an angle bahah

Hubert90 said:
Canister filter is an external filter. It's capable of housing alot more bb then ur conventional HOB and internal filter.

I was thinking about gettin a fluval 205 external filter, would this do the job do u think??

Back
Top Bottom