30 WATT for 10 Gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I justw anted to know if I could keep any anenomes or soft corals with this lighting. Approx 3 WATT per gal.

mushrooms, polyps, there are a few types of corals that do well with 3wpg. Plus a ten isn't very deep so your animals will be fairly close to that 3wpg. There may even be some anemones that will do well in that wattage but be sure to get one that is rated for lower lighting levels. Maybe a condy.

anemones require high light and 3wpg would not be enough. Electikate listed several good options

Lighting is actually not the biggest concern in this situation. Tank size eliminates the possiblility of successfully keeping much of the anemone species commonly sold in the trade. They need a rather large water volume and even if the parameters are kept stable will still be a concern.

If you do not intend on keeping fish, I might suggest a Cerianthus sp. Still a concern to neighbours but not nearly as challenging or demanding as your typical anemone species as long as it's fed appropriately

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2004/invert.htm

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom