300Watts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will want about 4 watts per gallon (30g * 4 = 120watts). So basically the 300w would be total overkill.

markh30 said:
You will want about 4 watts per gallon

? I thought that you wanted closer to 6-8+ wpg to keep some of the stronger light animals?

Flsprophet2 What is it you want to keep with your new upgraded light? I've always heard that you can't have too much light, though I'm sure that's not exactly true :D

It will not be overkill at all if you want to keep hard corals, clams etc...

6+ watts a gallone is what you want to shoot for. 6 being the low side and + being as much light as possible!! :p

I am planning on getting some hard corals and definitley plan on getting a clam. That's why i was looking into the 300 Watt system. That would give me 10 wpg. That would be enough to pretty much put whatever corals I want wouldn't it? Now would there be any corals where that amount of light would kill them?

Lower light corals would need to be at the bottom, and possibly shaded a bit. Shrooms are going to hate you!! Worth it to me though.... :D

PS. You could keep whatever you want in there my friend! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom