$350 for 65 gallon aquarium worth it or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eddy1634

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I saw an ad on craigslist for a 65 gallon reef ready aquarium with stand and canopy. It included a light fixture for reef aquariums. It also inclued sump and dry live rock, and some other extras.(I don't know what extras that's what the description says)

I saw an ad on craigslist for a 65 gallon reef ready aquarium with stand and canopy. It included a light fixture for reef aquariums. It also inclued sump and dry live rock, and some other extras.(I don't know what extras that's what the description says)

Definitely worth it. Does it have a skimmer? That would probably be a deal breaker for me.

I say yes. Getting a tank and a stand alone that large is pricey. Especially the stand. I was looking in that size range 50-65 or so and most were running about 300

You also have to factor live rock is usually 9$- ish a pound so that adds up pretty quick too!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dry live rock? I believe it would kill all good bacteria and kill off the rock itself? But I'm not 100%

Hmm I didn't notice the dry part. Not sure but I would assume it isn't live anymore either

Back
Top Bottom