36" Nova Extreme Pro T5 or Maxspect LED G2-170 watt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlea8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 36" Nova Extreme Pro but I am thinking of buying the Maxspect G2-170 watt because it is LED and it looks better. Which of these would be better and would the Maxspect do well with all corals? Is the Maxspect a good light and is it worth it to upgrade? Also for a 46 gallon aquarium, what size of the Maxspect would be best to go with? Here are the links for both light fixtures.

Maxspect
ReefSolution Magasin En Ligne: Maxspect G2-170 watt

Nova Extreme Pro
ReefSolution Magasin En Ligne: 36" Current Usa Nova Extreme Pro 6x T5HO

Unfortunately I live in Canada and I can't get that light from a Canadian Website because they don't sell them so purchasing that would mean another hundred or so in shipping not even including import taxes...so I was wondering if the maxspect was a good buy.

From what I just read it looks to be a pretty solid fixture. I built my own LED fixture so I can't say from personal experience but it looks as though they are using quality parts to make these units.

I've heard good things about the Maxspect. I just find them to be expensive for what you are getting. Try contacting the PacSun company in Poland to find out if they have a Canadian distributor.

Back
Top Bottom