37gal filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm having a hard time deciding what filter to get. So I have a 37gal tank with three ryukins. No stand for it btw. Having a hard time managing my nitrates due to my tap water having them already. So should I go with an emperor 280? A canister filter? Or an undergravel filter?

I would go with the aqua clear 70 or aqua clear 110. Always go higher if possible. Canister filter has to be under the aquarium. If you want to go with the emperor series then get a 400 not a 280.

Miyavp said:
I'm having a hard time deciding what filter to get. So I have a 37gal tank with three ryukins. No stand for it btw. Having a hard time managing my nitrates due to my tap water having them already. So should I go with an emperor 280? A canister filter? Or an undergravel filter?

Get both the under gravel and the emperor 400

Loading... said:
Get both the under gravel and the emperor 400

I read undergravel filters arent recomended for goldies because of the toxic by products of the nitrogen cycle building up in the gravel. Is there any truth to this?

Back
Top Bottom