40 Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So today I scored a 40b from the neighbor. They used it for some sort of reptile and it was sitting in their basement/garage for a while. I grabbed it for my EPT (Eastern Painted Turtle) when he gets bigger. I want to make sure I properly sanitize it and make sure it doesn't have any slow leaks. I filled it up to the top and it didn't leak so hopefully it's good. It was gross when I got it but I filled it up and emptied it and it already looks totally different. I was hoping to bleach it because they just emptied it and stuck it in their garage so it isn't very clean. I am so happy to have scored a free tank even though it's not the prettiest :rolleyes:

Congrats, a good scrubbing with hot water and bleach, a very good rinsing and a week or so fill test should get her all set for you.

I think it's a custom. It's got a wood trim and it's a bit thinner then a 40b although he told me thats what it was. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. I should have gotten a before and after, it looks totally diffrent even though I just rinsed it out!

Measurements are 11" wide and 36" long. I will get pics once it stops raining as long as it does tonight.

GuppyLover said:
Measurements are 11" wide and 36" long. I will get pics once it stops raining as long as it does tonight.

That's about a 40g not the breeder ..

40g breeder is 36"x18"x21 or 24" for got the last lol.

Guess he was wrong, must just be a 40g. I'll talk to his wife more about it tomorrow.

Ah I see that you have posted the thread;). Well I hope everything turns out great! Oh and sorry about your angelfish...

Ah I see that you have posted the thread;). Well I hope everything turns out great! Oh and sorry about your angelfish...

Yep :) I want to start a 'real' build in the amphibian part so I don't get yelled at for posting in the wrong part lol.

Get because I'm on my iPod and cannot leave a message on your profile: CLEAN OUT YOUR INBOX!

Back
Top Bottom