40 gallon breeder lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brox

Aquarium Advice Freak
Need suggestions on a 40 gallon breeder tank lid I'll be having a Aquaclear 110 on back

The perfecto lids are very decent. Perfecto Glass Aquarium Lighting Canopies

You can cut out part of the plastic insert on the back to fit in your filter.

Those don't work correctly they are designed to have a center brace which a 40B doesn't not, they are a 2 piece lid.

I just bought 7 Marineland glass tops from here a few weeks ago, the cheapest I've ever seen them for, even shipping was cheap at $7.99.

Marineland Perfecto Glass Canopy - 36 in. x 18 in. (for 40 Breeder Aquarium)

Last edited:
I just relooked at it tough - it does say w/ center brace under 40b. I swear it worked fine on a 30x12. I guess it would sag more on a 36x18?

I found out the hard way after ordering 7 from the Docs and finding the middle sagged something fierce, I was to impatient to read the fine print.

Thanks for pointing it out! Wouldn't have thought there would be much difference in just 6 inches in each dimension.

The marineland ones that HUKIT mentioned above is a good deal. I personally have been using glass from lowes. They cut it to your measurements and usually run me about $5-$8 per tank. Be careful with it since they don't file down the edges but you can glue a wooden cabinet knob on the glass to help lift it off. I usually leave about a 2-3" gap in the rear for the filters.

This is just an idea to save money sort of DIY.

Back
Top Bottom