40g breeder weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Demonknight

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I have an idea to build a stand that would hold 3 of these one above the next, one is slated for our Dragon so its not going to weigh much, but now I'm wondering apx how much these would weigh, just planning on plants, a bit of gravel/sand on top of dirt and use a hob filter...lights will probably be sets of T5's.

Demonknight said:
Ok I have an idea to build a stand that would hold 3 of these one above the next, one is slated for our Dragon so its not going to weigh much, but now I'm wondering apx how much these would weigh, just planning on plants, a bit of gravel/sand on top of dirt and use a hob filter...lights will probably be sets of T5's.

What does it need to look like? If industrial works for you, check out Costco or HD. They have some racks that'll hold the weight I think. That water alone is over 1,000lbs for the 3 40b's, so I'd figure out a rough idea of total (and per shelf) weight with gravel, sand, etc and take a look at the specs.

This stand has 40b's and is a prefab from lowes, paid $170 for it.
img_1427739_0_793ad91a7530de24eab8cbb1d9cd833c.jpg

And this is a custom homemade built stand out of 2x4's, which ended up costing quite a bit as well in both time and materials.

It's a little blurry, but you get the idea, the bottom two shelves are 40b's
img_1427739_1_c3d39ef04bc38edf8ab8712e0c94faae.jpg

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom