46g Bow front with broken center brace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a 46g tank. The center black top brace is broken. Can I just go to k6 local hardware store and glue a piece of plexy in its place?

With a glue gun or aquarium safe silicone is your best bet. If it hokd then yes if it isnt strong enough or giving much support i would be very wary.

With a glue gun or aquarium safe silicone is your best bet. If it hokd then yes if it isnt strong enough or giving much support i would be very wary.

I was actually going yo swing by taps plastics and have a 2" but 15" piece of plastic cut. Then glue it using some plastic cement type stuff.

Try it. Pull very hard on the sides putting pressure on the joints after its dry, if it holds you might be ok.

Good luck. Just be sure if the cure time before pulling. Just because it is dry, doesn't mean it's entirely set (cured). It will make a difference in the strength. Research the product online if the cure time isn't on the label.

Back
Top Bottom