48" light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Critter1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know why my light for my tank only stays on once I remove the starter thing? When the starter is in all it does is flicker. But once I remove the starter it stays on. It's kinda a pain having to put the starter in, turn it on and then Take it out. Anyone have this problem?

Critter1990 said:
Anyone know why my light for my tank only stays on once I remove the starter thing? When the starter is in all it does is flicker. But once I remove the starter it stays on. It's kinda a pain having to put the starter in, turn it on and then Take it out. Anyone have this problem?

Hmmmm.... Can you start it without the starter? Are you saying once its on you remove the starter and it stays on? Isn't the starter also like a fuse? I'm baffled myself and I do electrical work lol. It shouldn't operate if you remove the starter. Your talking about something like this right?

image-327312277.jpg

You would usually replace the starter if the light doesn't stay lit or flickers.

Last edited:
Yea sorry I was unclear. It's strange but I'll try getting a new starter?

It won't start unless the starter is in but once I turn it on I have to remove it to keep it lit

Back
Top Bottom