48" strip light, two 22" Versa-Tops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FS7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When I bought my aquarium, it came with an All-Glass Versa Top designed for the aquarium (75 gallon with a center brace). As part of the deal, I got lighting as well. That's just a 48" single strip. The light just sits on top of the aquarium right now. According to the directions, the light fixture would fit into a track on the vinyl strip (the vinyl strip that attaches to the back of the Versa-Top). Even if the fixture were short enough, there is no strip for the thing to sit on, so I have no idea what that's about.

I guess my question is what are my options? There is a fair amount of light "leakage" with the current setup, though it illuminates the tank very well. I can build a quick wood holder to keep the light relatively secure, but I think I'll still have a little bit of leakage underneath. There's always the option of getting a full hood, but this just ends up being a lot more money. Surely somebody else has made this work (center-braced aquarium with a full-length strip light), so I'm looking for suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom