50g main tank, 50 g sump how to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We were going to sep. two recent purchases but thinking about water volume and space... we can't fit anything much bigger than the 50 in the family room, but want to increase the water volume to close to 100g by sumping the other 50. They are on a custom stand, one directly below the other.

What do I need to do this?

We are planning on ordering 50 lbs LR for the main (any ideas where is best for nice (everything local looks dead and ugly for the main tank) LR since liverocks.com is down... and I want to add 30 lb dry hirocks and 10 LR to the sump as well as keep all the other equipment in the sump, heater, skimmer etc.... Any advice?

TIA

Are you in St. Augustine or Jacksonville? In Jax, AquaZoo on San Jose has some nice LR and usually a large supply. However, I was there last week and I think it was listed as $9.99/lb. The only place in St. Augustine that has LR is Pet World and while you can get it for under $7.00/lb. I'd call ahead to make sure they have some. There's also a place on 210 called The Fish Bowl (I think) and he always has a large supply of LR but I'm not sure of his price because he comes off as an a..hole. All of those places only sell cured LR...

Hi! Yes, I'm in Mandarin... border of St. Johns county and Jax... Aqua Zoo is just up the road, but no way and I paying 9.99 for what they have, it looks dead... the one at the beaches I havent been too in weeks... LOL... are you around here?

Not that you need any butttt.... if or when you do...need or want good wet LIVE base rock for $2.99 pound you can go to Pet Creations on Main Street (north side area) out by Ocean way (I'm buying it there instead of Hirocks.com because its full og life and cheap)... and their live rock with actual life and growth is only $4 - 5.99 pound... just thought I would let you know, I think it's the lowest price in town. Their coral and fish selection ROCK the socks off anything in Jax BTW :) Just wanted to share ... best prices as well... The owner is named Kim and she used to buy exotic birds from me some years back when we lived out that way... her place has been around for a long time and she carries beautiful stuff ... check her out! :)

I'm in St. Augustine.

Thanks for the tip! I will definately check it out. Actually, I wish I knew about that place earlier as I just finished my new 75 gallon setup yesterday. But I'm sure I can find a few more extra bucks to spend there in the future...

Back
Top Bottom