55g too big for stands available?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking at buying a metal stand for my 55 but it seems its dimensions dont match them? My tank is a marineland 55g but it measures 48 1/4 x 12 3/4 x 21"
The available stands all seem to be 48x12? Why is this? Can I get around this by simply putting a piece of plywood on top that was 49x13?

Your tank should fit on a Petco Brooklyn series which is actually a very nice metal stand.

I really like that stand but unfortunately there is no petcos in canada

Sent from my LG G2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app.

I made a wooden one but im not terribly pleased with how it came out as I can never seem to get them as flat/level as they should be ive had to use too many shims and I don't feel too comfortable with it. I contacted a few metal shops here about getting a metal stand made, Id try making a metal one if I had welding tools :p.

Sent from my LG G2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app.

When you are measuring are you including the plastic frame ? If so then it will be fine. The stands are made so the corners of the glass contact the stand not the plastic frame itself .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you know anyone with a woodshop or cabinet shop? Wooden stands are actually pretty straight forward to make. Pm me if you want a walk through on it

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom