6-stage 110 gal/day Reverse Osmosis Water System+DI filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just purchased this unit over the holidays. So far, so good. I liked the use of a t-adapter for the source water (vs. a piercing valve). I've had problems with leaks when I've had to use a piercing value in the past. There is a saddle valve for the waste but that is most likely going to be through PVC.

My water goes in at 295ppm tds and comes out about 5 ppm tds.

The separate feed for filling up tank water is nice too. I was able to install the whole thing under my sink in about 30mins.

The only complaint I have is the size of the holding tank. They say it's 3 gals, but I only get about 2.25 gal. I guess this depends on your water pressure. I thought that the water pressure was good here in the Chicago suburbs, but I guess not good enough.

I don't know how difficult it will be to get filters for this since I haven't checked yet, but I liked the price of the unit.

Just based on reading about it and looking at it, here are a couple of observations. 1) I don't like the inline DI filter. It isn't clear so you can't tell when the resin has exhausted unless you're doing TDS checks. It's smaller than the canister type and will not last as long. If you get a DI filter that doesn't have quite enough resin in it, it will settle to the bottom and the water will bypass over the top of it. 2) The prefilter canisters are not clear so you can't tell by looking when the sediment and carbon block filters are dirty. 3) I question the need for the 5th stage carbon filter. 4) The statement that you only need to change prefilters every 6 months or every year for the high capacity filters is misleading...that's only the average time. Actual replacement intervals are dependent on your water supply. 5) I prefer a unit that uses a Dow Filmtec membrane.
OK, so that was more than a couple :oops: . At the least, if I went with this unit, I'd get it with clear canisters and a clear DI with color changing resin. I would also look at the Aqua FX units. I know they cost more, but I think they're worth it. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom