60w R420R light on a 20 gallon ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked at that light when I was setting up my 20. You should be able to keep any corals you want under it. Definitely a great light

Do you know if there's a Moonlight mode on it ? So I can feel pleasure from my tank 24/24?

It should be dimmable so you can turn it way down and just run a low percent of blues for a moonlight effect. I'd still give your tank a period of no light though.

It should be dimmable so you can turn it way down and just run a low percent of blues for a moonlight effect. I'd still give your tank a period of no light though.

SO I can program moon light on 14:00-16:00 and 12:00 - 4:00 and set a period between this where channel A+B are on maximum ?

So that'll make Moonlight, daylight, moonlight, then off ?

SO I can program moon light on 14:00-16:00 and 12:00 - 4:00 and set a period between this where channel A+B are on maximum ?

So that'll make Moonlight, daylight, moonlight, then off ?

Yep :) that'll work

Yeah, very awesome, I'll have a lot of fun with it then !

I'm a freshwater planted tank expert, but I'm noob with saltwater... I maxed up my 29 gallon wide with high T5HO lighting, with CO2 reactors and a LOT of plants... Now I want to seek, to go into small reef.

I've saw this light in a reef aquarium shop, the leds are producing a warm light, agreable to put hands under :p

Yeah, very awesome, I'll have a lot of fun with it then !

I'm a freshwater planted tank expert, but I'm noob with saltwater... I maxed up my 29 gallon wide with high T5HO lighting, with CO2 reactors and a LOT of plants... Now I want to seek, to go into small reef.

I've saw this light in a reef aquarium shop, the leds are producing a warm light, agreable to put hands under :p

Well welcome to the reefing world! I'm sure you will love the light. I have a kessil over my 20. Keep me posted on it, I'd love to know how it's doing for you.

I'll recieve the material Friday. So I will put the fish and some corals Saturday or Sunday... I took my setup with live rock.

My order will probably be delayed, because I changed my mind on with the lighting, I want to be sure I can grow almost every corals in my starter tank. I'm doing a kind of "experience" i'll say, just to see How much I appreciate a reef tank in my house, and how corals are growing, what kind of corals, anemones, LPS, SPS, etc.. Just to learn.

I already have my 10 gal QT and my 30 gal main tank to maintain. My 30g take something like 10 mins/days + 1hrs weekly for the maintenance. I'll see how much time it take to make a WC, taking care of corals, etc...

Do you have an advice to give to me ? What's the common mistakes reef noobs are doing ? I'm going with easy fish, 2 clownfish and a shrimp for beginning...

Can you suggest me some easy corals, where I'll be able to see my clowns playing in them ?

I'll recieve the material Friday. So I will put the fish and some corals Saturday or Sunday... I took my setup with live rock.

My order will probably be delayed, because I changed my mind on with the lighting, I want to be sure I can grow almost every corals in my starter tank. I'm doing a kind of "experience" i'll say, just to see How much I appreciate a reef tank in my house, and how corals are growing, what kind of corals, anemones, LPS, SPS, etc.. Just to learn.

I already have my 10 gal QT and my 30 gal main tank to maintain. My 30g take something like 10 mins/days + 1hrs weekly for the maintenance. I'll see how much time it take to make a WC, taking care of corals, etc...

Do you have an advice to give to me ? What's the common mistakes reef noobs are doing ? I'm going with easy fish, 2 clownfish and a shrimp for beginning...

Can you suggest me some easy corals, where I'll be able to see my clowns playing in them ?

Hey sorry,
Take your time, patience is key on the sw side of the hobby. Nothing good happens fast in sw lol. Um some easy starter corals, I like zoas, Duncan's, mushrooms, ricordeas, any soft coral really. Clowns are funny fish and will host anything be it corals, a powerhead, a corner of the tank, etc...
About the light I like 16k because it makes the colors pop but 10k will probably give you better growth.

Ok so the color is really a user choice? 10000k faster growth, whiter light, and 16000K slower growing but better colors (appearance) ?

Ok so the color is really a user choice? 10000k faster growth, whiter light, and 16000K slower growing but better colors (appearance) ?

Yep that's my opinion on it. I personally like the bluer 16k look but some people are not a fan. Use whichever you like better :)

I know that's not only the light that make it so gorgeous, that's the rocks and great corals placement, but the light color is making all this mix showing up really beautifull.

I'll try to do something like this in my new tank, with a blue background... I'll be really happy if I can make something that look half beautifull this tank for my first setup.

Back
Top Bottom