72 gal. oceanic bow front cheap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
You all probably know I was looking for a 100 gal tank to set up as a reef. I have a line on a used Oceanic 72 gal bow front with skimmer, stand, power heads, light canopy, the whole works salt ready. 75.00!!! Will I be disappointed with the 72? It is in great shape and the stand is brushed metal. I am suppose to look at it tomorrow. She has timers for the lights the whole bit. Just wants it moved. No stock or rocks. been empty a year. Is this too cheap to pass up?

I think that is a great deal! Even if you don't want to keep it you could always sell it again and make a few dollars. What fish did you want to add?

I think that is a great deal! Even if you don't want to keep it you could always sell it again and make a few dollars. What fish did you want to add?

Well I know most say a tang in that size of tank is a problem. What would be the limitations?

Well some smaller Tangs like the Kole and Tomini have a minimum aquarium size of a 75 gallon, but since that tank isn't shaped the same way as a normal 75g, I am not sure if it would work or not. I would add some Wrasses, there are so many beautiful kinds! :)

I have about talked myself into the 72. The cost differnce from what I was planning is a ton. I was looking at new 100s and stands at 400.00 minimum and not the quality of a Oceanic tank I think. Hmmmm

I saw a a 155g Oceanic bow front with stand, hood and T5 lights for $900 on a showroom floor.
It had a few scuffs but seems priced well compared to what I can find elsewhere, including the Internet.
Of course, buying used on Craig's List or elsewhere is the cheapest way to go.

I spoke with her this morning and she said the tank, sump and stand all in excellent condition just dust from her parents garage and they want it gone. I am going in a few and will probably buy it if it is as stated.

I spoke with her this morning and she said the tank, sump and stand all in excellent condition just dust from her parents garage and they want it gone. I am going in a few and will probably buy it if it is as stated.

I would too! Good luck!(y)

Bought It! Plus Bonus

Wow" Reef ready Oceanic 72 gal bow frontTank, Brushed stainless stand and Canopy, Protein Skimmer, Sump and Pump, All the plumming, current pumps and controllers, Lighting is a bit iffy, and the Bonus is....Drum Roll Please! 2 x 30 gal trash cans with a set up large RO unit.

I haven't unloaded yet but will get it all spread out so I can clean up and see for sure what I got for my $75.00 but all looks pretty good. Will take pics and post later.

Well worth fighting the traffic on LSU vs Florida game day!

P.S. Unloaded and found: Refuge for sump plummed for input and output stand alone and pump to set in sump, wave controller, heater and controller, light for refuge, magna cleaners x 3, larger net,

Wow" Reef ready Oceanic 72 gal bow frontTank, Brushed stainless stand and Canopy, Protein Skimmer, Sump and Pump, All the plumming, current pumps and controllers, Lighting is a bit iffy, and the Bonus is....Drum Roll Please! 2 x 30 gal trash cans with a set up large RO unit.

I haven't unloaded yet but will get it all spread out so I can clean up and see for sure what I got for my $75.00 but all looks pretty good. Will take pics and post later.

Well worth fighting the traffic on LSU vs Florida game day!

P.S. Unloaded and found: Refuge for sump plummed for input and output stand alone and pump to set in sump, wave controller, heater and controller, light for refuge, magna cleaners x 3, larger net,

Congrats on your new tank! That really was a great deal! Glad you got it! :)

I got a bit confused with the skimmer. It is a older model recirculating skimmer. It is a SWC with a octopus pump model otp 2000. rated for tanks up to 185 gal. The older model from what I can figure was built with a threaded collection cup assembly. What I found on this hybrid skimmer.

" They are made by the same company in China, ReefOctopus.SWC/Saltwater Connections is the distributor for Canada and tagged theskimmer with his name. CoralVue is the USA distriutor for USA.

I was a dealer for a good while and have spoken to the manufacturer in China, the USA distributor and the Canada distributor.

They are the sameskimmers with a different name attached to them.

EDIT - JAYSON would know first hand. "

I got a bit confused with the skimmer. It is a older model recirculating skimmer. It is a SWC with a octopus pump model otp 2000. rated for tanks up to 185 gal. The older model from what I can figure was built with a threaded collection cup assembly. What I found on this hybrid skimmer.

" They are made by the same company in China, ReefOctopus.SWC/Saltwater Connections is the distributor for Canada and tagged theskimmer with his name. CoralVue is the USA distriutor for USA.

I was a dealer for a good while and have spoken to the manufacturer in China, the USA distributor and the Canada distributor.

They are the sameskimmers with a different name attached to them.

EDIT - JAYSON would know first hand. "
Just saying, if you are dissapointed Ill give you 150 for the stand tank and lighting lol

After some clean up and filling for leak test I posted some pics under the
"New Aquisitions" section. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom