75 Aqueon tank, new for $99?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkatts

Aquarium Advice Regular
Jack's Pets in Columbus is selling them for that.
The stand is $200.
No extra parts which is fine.
Good deal or to good to be true?
Aqueon tanks good quality?

They had 55g for $75 too.
I went back and looked at it some more.
I am gonna pass on it but only because I want a tall tank/stand.
I want to be able to stand up right and see the fish. Both the 55 and 75 they are selling are about 18" tall but 5-6' wide. Very nice but not what I want.
Still a great deal. I could always build a taller tank stand...
Hmmm

U r correct. 48.5 wide. I was trying g to go from memory. I may still do go that route but build an additional 10" pedestal for everything to sit on.

I've built a couple stands for mine in the past. My most recent for my 55 cost me maybe $40 at most. I made it a foot longer than the tank and about 4" wider. It stands 27" tall. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400452707.838754.jpg

Sweet. I wasn't sure on how much structure was needed to support a 75g. But if what are building will hold 55, compared to what I saw at the store that is plenty the way you are building it.

Here it is all set up with the 55 on top of it. I'll try to find the pics of the one I made for my 75. I went so overboard on that one a full grown elephant could plank on it lol ??. The 75 stand didn't cost much more to build either. That one I made 6' long and again another 4" wider than the tank footprint. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400457843.506754.jpg

The 75 stand is in my garage now and new I should've taken some pics when I rearranged it last Friday.

Nice. Some thin mdf, couple doors and black paint and that is a rock solid cabinet.

Thanks !! I've actually got a few pieces of veneer cherry that I ordered and will be facing, topping, and sides and doors after I seal it.

Back
Top Bottom