75 Gallon tank help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bemgolf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
All 75 Gallon Tank Owners and Experts Help Please

I currently have a PLECO that has outgrown his 20 L aquarium. Yes his alone the only fish in the tank but I just bought a 75 gallon tank and will have to get a new filter. I currently use the Marineland Penguin 150 B, but will need a new one for the much larger tank. I have been looking at the new Marineland C 360 to stay with what has worked in the past. My question is I have heard that the bio wheel rear hangers although are louder are more effective in doing ther job than the quitness of the canisters. Is this true? Someone told me it is a balance of quietness and maybe lose your fish or a little noise and have a safe fish. Is this still true or have the canisters come along way since he did his research? Any help with this and also a air pump must have to be bigger with this tank. Thanks for your responses.

For larger tanks a cannister is the way to go for a filter. Most like the Rena Filstar or Eheim cannister filters. Always get one that rated for more then your tank size.

Back
Top Bottom