75 gallon tank on 2nd floor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
700 lbs is nothing especially if it's against a wall which I'm sure it is. Remember the weight is spread out over several joists. The joists don't even know it's there.
not immediately but over time they will most likely sag, that's why shims are a great thing!

Just a bit! And check once every 4 months with a level, or just use the upper rim of the tank as water level sight.

I've got two 65 gals on a first floor apartment sat against the same wall ( load bearing) should I be concerned brookster ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just keep an eye on the water level in relation to the rim, water will always find true level, if you notice it's changing than that beans your floors are sagging under the weight, if you walk by the tanks and the floor feels bouncy like a trampoline than you may have a problem, how old is the apt? People have pianos, pianos are like a thousand freakin pounds...

I've not noticed any issues with water level or bouncy floors. My wife said the floor wont take the weight but I've had these tanks together like this for 3 months. I think she just didn't want me to have two tanks.

I'm sure it's fine, like I said if it's a newer apt than I would t worry..if it's over 100 yrs old than pay better attention;)

Great but I'd like to sell these two tanks and put one 180 gal 6x2x2 foot tank in there place. Now I'm worried about buying it because I don't have any ground floor space.

No basement sorry, I would love it if I had. I really want the 180 it would mean an extra 55 gal to what I have now but I'm not sure if its doable. Oh and there would be only one cabinet instead of two. **** I'm kinda just talking myself into it but nervous about it.

No basement sorry, I would love it if I had. I really want the 180 it would mean an extra 55 gal to what I have now but I'm not sure if its doable. Oh and there would be only one cabinet instead of two. **** I'm kinda just talking myself into it but nervous about it.

I am assuming you sold the two to have one bigger tank with more fish in it? If you are worried, why not get a 120g?

I haven't sold yet I'm planning to sell only if and when I feel comfortable that the weight issue wont be a issue. Yes 120g would be a good compromise.

Back
Top Bottom