90 gallon bowfront. how would you set it up ? fresh or salt ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xJIMx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. A week ago i picked up an oceanic 90 gallon bowfront. After researching and visiting 6 local fish stores i am more confused than ever.I cant make up my mind how to set up the aquarium. this is the equipment i have. a biocube 29with 30 lbs of livesand and 60 to 70 lbs of liverock 2 clownfish and 1 diamond goby with a few easy corals that i was thinking about transfering it all to the 90 gallon. a fluval fx5 canister filter, a eheim pro easy 80 canister filter, 2 aqueon 1650 water circulation pumps, a aqua ultraviolet uv filter,a whisper 100 air pump. for lights the floresent fixture that came with the tank 1 regular and 1 antinic bulb. If this was the equipment you had would you set up SALTWATER or FRESHWATER ? and why ? any opinions , advice , ideas would be appreciated :confused:

If you're willing to put in the expense and effort, go salt. It sounds like you're halfway there already.

While I'm a freshie myself - if you already have coral experience, a 90gal BF could make for an interesting start into the world of hardcore reefing. :)

Another suggestion would be to build it with sand and rockwork / slate and make a fairly awesome Cichlid colony.

salt water ofcourse

their is just no comparison.salt water fish have color, personality,
wow factor.fw fish are just plain ugly aside from discus.I regret
not starting a salt water tank when I got into the hobby. good luck and
don't think about it , just do it.

Back
Top Bottom