90 gallon tank, what wavemakers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoothie7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 90 gallon tank and looking at Hydor Koralia Evolution Pumps. Either the 600 or the 850. I also plan on getting the SmartWave Pump Controller. Which one would be better for my size tank? Thanks.

those are to small. Checkout jeabo wp 40 or the larger hydos like the 1500. Tunze makes some nice ones to. Doctor foster and smith has good prices.

I have 2 1400 Koralias in my 90g and its only a fish only tank. if you are looking at keeping corals then you for sure will need some more flow than you are looking at. :)

The jaebo units are great, especially with the control you get for the money

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

right now vortechs and tunze are out of the question. Do you think a pair of wp25s would work or would a wp25 and wp40 be better?

I'd go with the pair of 25s, jmo

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The 40 puts out some flow. Two 25 one high and one low should work well and your return pump also.

The 40 puts out some flow. Two 25 one high and one low should work well and your return pump also.

You shouldn't count the flow of your return pump in with the flow in your DT. People have tried using their return pumps as sole means of flow and it ended up in disasters. You should just point it up for surface agitiation.

They are buying ph it was a statement saying with two good ph and a return pump you should be fine. Don't read into it so much to pick apart and add confusion..

I ended up going with a pair of wp25s. I think that will work very nicely for my tank. Thanks for the help

They are buying ph it was a statement saying with two good ph and a return pump you should be fine. Don't read into it so much to pick apart and add confusion..

There isn't any "added" confusion in my statement. When you say "and your return pump" it makes it look as if you are using your return pump for flow in the DT, which I think you shouldn't. With this post once again you inferred that the return pump is supposed to be used for flow. I was simply saying that you shouldn't count your return in as a you over all flow. Filtration is separate from Powerheads. I find it's best to point it towards the surface so you don't need a powerhead for agitation. :)

Back
Top Bottom