90gal turtle tank filter question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekoms6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 90 gal. tank and planing on adding a 3"red ear slidder to it. i was just wondering with added waste, is a marineland magnum350 pro with bio wheel, going to pull its duty? anyone else have a turtle tank? or no of any links? any help much appreciated! thanks.

This might be a bit much for the 350, but you will need to be sure there is dry land so they can get out of the water. I have seen tanks like that with floating driftwood that the turtles climbed upon, but they tended to fall off as it shifted a lot. I have kept red ears in very small tanks with "islands" for them to climb up on, using a corner sponge filter, but nothing the size you are talking about. Good luck, and once you get it set up post some pics!

There are also submersable filters. Does your 90gal have a cut out for the filter to reach the low water level?

no the water is full to the top! i built a canopy for the top so fish/turtle cannt jump out, and my light bar sits on it. the turtle has rocks to lay out on. thanks...:D

anyone else have a turtle tank? or no of any links?
I have a 30 gallon turtle tank with two red ear sliders in there. For a while i had no filter until recently. I purchased the fluval 304 and my water is crystal clear. I can even feed them in the same tank. With such a big tank you may want to use the fluval 404...also usally ppl say to fill the tank to the width of their shells, i have a bit more like half a tank filled now. But as long as they can easily get out and bask in the heat lamp it should be okay. Remember turtle sleep in the water and they have to breathe as well...just food for thought about the amout of water in the tank. Here's a link to a great turtle forum... http://www.turtletimes.com/forums/

Back
Top Bottom