96 watts T5 For 29 gal. ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I am back from vacation and my 29 gal. FOWLR is fully cycled and I added a bit more live rock and a marroon clown and yellow tail damsel today but that will be pics tomorrow with tank mods also.

The light ?---I have a chance to pick up 96 watts of T5 lighting with 2 12K white and 2 actinic bulbs 24 watts each and included is 2 moonlight LEDs integrated in the unit. Each controlled separately with their own switches and power cords. Is this too much for this tank??????

Well if you just want fish with no corals then its a bit overkill. But if you ever want corals now would be the time to pick it up if it's cheap enough and fits your tank.

Well if you just want fish with no corals then its a bit overkill. But if you ever want corals now would be the time to pick it up if it's cheap enough and fits your tank.

I replaced the Eclispse hood today with a standard glass hood and Marineland Power Emperor 280 filter. I just could not stand that Eclipse thing. Anyway the fixture is a 24 inch and I could just set it on the glass hood I would think.

Aren't there legs or extendable brackets with the fixture?

Yes there are mounting brackets included that tilt the unit up to 90 degrees but the unit is a 24 inch unit going on a 30 inch wide tank. ? Price is about to good to pass at 10 hrs on the unit 70.00. I am thinking about a way to mod the mount or just not use the mount for now.

Back
Top Bottom